Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was packed with fun! Saturday morning was the 2nd Annual Tommy's Run for a Reason. This is a great event that raises money for SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Children). A friend of mine from high school lost his son to SUDC when he was only 2 years old. So, we do what we can to raise money and awareness so that other families don't have to go through what Andy and Beth went through when they lost Tommy. This was Olivia's first time out that didn't involve going to the doctor, so it was a big day for her!

Taking her out for an event that started at 9 meant that she would have to eat somewhere other than the glider. I was brave and was able to feed her in the car. She did great! We put her in the stroller and away we went. We got to see a lot of friends from high school and everyone fell in love with little Olivia. One of my friends from high school has twins (I seriously don't know how she does it!) One of the twins, Ramey, was very interested in Olivia and didn't want to leave her.


Lee was on hand to take pictures of the event and together with another photographer, a DVD of the events will be created and given to Andy and Beth. 

After a while, it became pretty clear the little miss needed a diaper change.  I have not changed her anywhere but in her changer or on our bed, so changing her in an outdoor venue was going to be a challenge.  But, I was up for it!  So, I pushed her stroller over to a nice empty grassy area and got all the stuff ready and went to work.  Just when I was finishing up, I looked to my right and there were 2 ponies standing there and a woman telling all the kids to form a line for the pony rides.  Well, I was in the middle of this chaos to the point where people were actually leaning against Olivia's stroller and people had to almost step over us on the ground in order to get in line.  It was amazing to me.  I felt so invisible!  I looked up to see Lee walking our way but he couldn't see us because of all the people, so I called his name a few times and he found us.  Good timing because I wasn't sure how I was going to get up!  I forgot that my body had not fully recovered from the pregnancy and delivery and I was stuck!  So, Lee got there to save the day and help me up!  Good times!

Carolina Bros. BBQ was there catering the event and we couldn't leave without getting a sandwich.  After we ate, we decided to head home so Olivia could enjoy her next feeding in the comfort of her own home.  We got home and got some rest before heading out for part II of the day.  Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house!

We headed over a little early so Olivia and Adam could meet and we could spend some time with Auntie 'Reen before she had to head home.  Maureen and I also put together some collage frames for Mom for Mother's Day.  Lee was there with his camera to document the first meeting of the cousins!

No comments: