Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

This year, Lee's brother and sister-in-law Dennis and Helen hosted the family for Christmas Eve dinner and presents!  Lee volunteered to make the main dish....lasagna!  He made 4 lasagnas to bring over.  They were a big hit!  Lots of family, lots of food, lots of fun!!  Not long after we got there, Olivia ate a chip.....went down the wrong pipe and she threw up a bit......sooooo.......her dress and my sweater went up into the washer!  I borrowed a sweater from Helen and we threw Olivia in her Christmas jammies a bit early!  



After dinner, it was time for presents!  Yay!  So many people, so many presents!  The kids had a blast opening all their goodies and we had a great time as well!

Back in my sweater......
Awesome Hokie Bird Pillow Pet!
So much fun with everybody.  It turned into a pretty late night for Olivia, so we hopped in the car and headed home.  After Olivia went to sleep, Lee and I continued a tradition of opening our gifts on Christmas Eve.  Lee got me a new camera!  I'm so excited to have my own camera since mine was stolen a few years back during the 3-Day Walk.  It's a great camera and I'm so thrilled to be able to take more pictures of my own for my blog!  I got Lee a home brew starter kit!  I think he was pretty surprised!  He's been talking about it for years and we have a lot of friends who are into the hobby, so he can't wait to get started!


After we enjoyed our gifts for a few minutes, it was time to play Santa!  We got all the gifts wrapped and we were finally in bed a little after midnight.  On to Christmas Day!

No comments: