Monday, August 27, 2012

4th Annual Tommy's Run for a Reason

This year was the 4th Annual Tommy's Run for a Reason.  If you remember from the past 3 years, a friend of mine from high school lost his 2 1/2 year old to SUDC - Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood; basically the toddler version of SIDS.  Where this has always been such an incredibly sad story to me, now that Olivia is around that age, it hits home even more.  I have attended all four of these events and will continue to support it as long as they host it!  It is also great to get out and see a bunch of folks from high school. 

This year was a little different.  I actually ran the 5K this year!  In fact, I was enjoying myself SO much that I decided to tack on about 1/2 a mile extra by missing the turnaround sign and heading back.  Oops!  Oh well, was a great run (even if I was one of the last to come through!)  Hey, at least I ran it, right??

Before the race started, we walked around and Olivia got the chance to hang out with a princess, swing with daddy, get her face painted and play some fun games! 









And, I'm off!!!!


Once the race started, Lee and Olivia got to hang out and hit up some more games and even a pony ride!!!  When I got back from running, Olivia and daddy were there to cheer me to the finish line!



Olivia told me all about her first pony ride and wanted to "ride da horsie" again!  So, we headed over there and I got to walk with her while daddy took pictures!






She loved it!!!  It was so cute to see that big smile on her face.  Ahhhh......to be young!

After the second pony ride, we headed over to the fire trucks that were there for kids to look through.  Olivia and I even got to sit inside!




All in all, a great day.  Great cause, great fun!


 Can't wait for the 5th Annual Tommy's Run for a Reason!!!

No comments: