Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was my second one and it was wonderful! It really started on Friday when we picked Olivia up from school.  She made me the most wonderful Mother's Day card!


Then on Saturday night, Lee cooked me a fabulous meal! (Not really much different from most nights) We had salmon, risotto and asparagus and it was washed down with a wonderful Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA!  My favorite brew!


Sunday morning, Lee took on Olivia duty and got up and played with her for a while so I could sleep in.  I think I got up at 7, which is sleeping in, but I was hoping for a little more snoozing!  Oh well!  Lee made me french toast with warmed strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar on top.  Delicious!  I didn't get any pictures of that creation, but just take my word for it!

Once Andrew got up, they gave me my Mother's Day gift!  What a surprise!  Andrew and Olivia got me some charms for my Pandora bracelet my sister-in-law, Danielle, got me for Christmas! 

My little bunny from my little Olivia

My drum from my drummer, Andrew

What an awesome and thoughtful gift from my great kids!!! 

The rest of the day was very relaxing and then it was over to mom and dad's house for a nice Mother's Day BBQ!  We didn't bring our cameras, so Maureen snapped a few while we were there.  The kids played great together and even posed for a few pictures!







What a wonderful Mother's Day!  Thanks to everyone for making it so special!

No comments: