Friday, January 29, 2010

29 Weeks and this and that......

I know a lot of time has passed since Christmas, but I just haven't had much to write about I guess.  So, here are a few things that have been going on in no particular order:

1) Andrew started drum lessons last night!!  He LOVES them.  I am so happy we decided to send him to Ben.  Ben is a classmate of mine from high school that teaches drum lessons all over the area and works with local high school bands.  He's extremely talented and I'm happy he is working with Andrew

2) Glucose test.  Blah!  I had my glucose test on Tuesday.  For those of you who haven't gone through it.  It really isn't all that bad, you just have to drink a nasty glocose drink an hour before your appointment at which time they take your blood and test your sugar.  I haven't heard back from the doctor's office, so I assume everything is ok!  In fact, I haven't thought about it until this very moment!  I am not a huge fan of needles, so I'm hoping this was a good test so I don't have to do the 3 hour one (3 blood draws....no thank you!)

3) Lee's photography business.  Lee is doing so well with his photography business.  He has already booked two events for 2010.  One is a reception that will take place on February 6th at Hidden Creek (where we got married) and the other is a wedding in June at Piedmont Country Club!  Over the past few months we put together a great event contract that he will use for these events and so far, so good!  Hopefully word of mouth will keep spreading and it will make 2010 a great year for the business!  His website is still under construction but is getting there!!!

4) Adam's Baptism.  Adam was baptized on January 17th.  This was a very special day for him and we celebrated with a wonderful brunch at mom and dad's after!  You can see more about the event on Maureen's blog here.

5) Third trimester.  I can't believe it, but I'm already in my 3rd trimester!  In fact, today I am 29 weeks.  So hard to believe!!  http://www.babycenter.com/ tells me this today: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heelI just can't believe I've been pregnant for 29 weeks!  That's just crazy talk!  After my next appointment on February 22, I will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks.  Just so exciting!!!  We just can't wait to meet her!!

6) We started working on the nursery.  By that, I mean we started organizing the garage so that we can move Andrew's bed into the garage and the guest room bed into Andrew's room so that we can actually start working on the nursery!!  I'm definitely ready to get in there and get it started!  Our plan is to go to Babies 'r Us sometime soon to look at the bedding we chose so that we can get a color swatch from Home Depot and get painting!  Well, Lee and Andrew will do the painting while I go get a mani-pedi or something like that!!

7) Baseball tryouts.  Andrew had baseball tryouts last Saturday morning.  We'll find out in a month or so what team he is on and then let the practices begin!  I believe he will start practices in the beginning of April.  Not sure how many games I'll get to this year, but I know I'll get to some!!

I'm sure there have been plenty other things that have gone on since Christmas, but these are ones that came to mind! 

Here's to an exciting and FAST February!!!!!

2 comments:

LeahBear said...

So many exciting things for you to look forward to!

What's with the thing with Andrew's bed in the garage and the guest bed and the nursery? I'm confused!

Can't wait to see you!

RipleyVT said...

Ha! Sorry to confuse you! The nursery will be where the guest room is now, so we have to move the full size bed out of that room and put it in Andrew's room and take the twin bed out of his room and put it in the garage until we have a house with more than 3 rooms! Understand now???