Thursday, December 03, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!


This year marked the first year since I was about 4 years old that I wasn't with my family at Wintergreen for Thanksgiving.  It was also the first time in almost 10 years that Lee was with his family for Thanksgiving!  So, it was definitely time to share this holiday with the Diehr/Watson/Pfleckl clan!  Dennis and Helen were so gracious to host Thanksgiving this year at their home in Bristow, VA.


Lee and I were in charge of bringing sweet potatoes, a "Thanksgiving Casserole" and an apple pie.  So, we our idea for a "Thanksgiving Casserole" was Cheese with Macaroni!  It is only called that because, well, there is SO much cheese going on in that dish!  It was Lee's first attempt at making some form of traditional sweet potatoes and boy were they yummy!  I wish we had taken pictures of the two dishes because they looked amazing too!  Everybody brought some sort of side dish to go with the turkey that Dennis and Helen prepared and the ham that Lee's folks brought.  Dennis and Helen also prepared some delicious mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy!  This might have been the first time in the history of my Thanksgivings that I did NOT go back for seconds.  This baby girl has me feeling SO hungry, but by the time I start eating, I'm full so quickly!  Although, I'm always starving about an hour later! 

Not being with my family was different, but being with Lee's was so wonderful!!  We had such a great time!!  Lee had fun walking around with his camera and snapping shots of all the family there!  Here are just a few!


Jaci, Ruth, and Sarah

Dennis and Cole Bug

Sarah

Connor

Alec


More of Cole Bug!



Our Thanksgiving was great!!  Hope yours was too!

No comments: