Thursday, December 03, 2009

20 Week Sonogram!



On Tuesday, November 24th, Lee and I went for my 20 week sonogram.  I didn't sleep the two nights prior because my mind was racing.  I was trying to be positive, but for some reason, I just kept thinking something was wrong.  I don't know why I do that to myself because everything is PERFECT!!!!  Our appointment was early in the morning, which was a good thing!  If I had to go to work and sit around all day thinking about it, it would've been a crazy day!  I didn't realize this appointment would last so long either.  It was almost an hour!  But, it was an hour of watching our little angel move around and wave at us!  In the beginning of the pregnancy, we discussed not finding out the sex of the baby and trying to wait 'til the end for the big "It's A _______", however, we decided to find out at this appointment.  The technician was a lot of fun and really made the process easy for us.  She didn't do a lot of talking throughout because she was busy taking measurements and writing in codes for the Radiologist to review.  It took about 5 minutes for me to relax because it wasn't until then that I could see the heartbeat!  I breathed a sigh of relief and was able to enjoy the rest of the process.  She took some pictures throughout the process that we could take home on a CD which I have here:





I think some of these 3-D photos are a little strange, but hey, that's our baby in there!!!  Once the technician was almost through the measurements and all the important "make sure everything checks out" stuff, she asked if we wanted to know the sex.  So, she looked around and made a very educated "guess" that the baby is, in fact, a GIRL!!!  After she left, the Radiologist came in after reviewing the measurements and did his own checking around.  His "guess" matched the technicians, so I would say....we're having a GIRL!!!  We are definitely thrilled.  Although, I know I would be thrilled either way!

We started making some phone calls to tell my side of the family, but we knew we would see Lee's whole family 2 days later on Thanksgiving, so we waited to tell them all then.  It was a lot of fun seeing and hearing everyone's reactions because I really think they would've been the same either way!!  Although, everyone guessed it was a girl, so I think they were all mostly just excited they were right!!  :)

We can't wait for Baby Girl to join our family in April!!!

No comments: